Sunday 4 September 2011

Concept: Nostalgia - My own experiences

1) Street behind our house aka 'the backs'

I spent a lot of my time hanging out with friends, playing 'donkey', 'curby' and basically harassing the neighbours. I lived nearby a lot of people who were of a similar age therefore we all used to congregate in 'the backs'. In the same street was a corner shop where we got our daily sugar high.

How to play curby: A game of two players, a ball, preferably a round ball (e.g. football) and a road with to curbs on either side. One pler stands on one side of the road and the other stands on the other, the person with the ball throws it aiming to hit the curb on the other side for it to bounce back at them. If the player with the ball misses the curb and the ball goes to the other player, that player must throw the ball his/her oponent before he/she gets back to their side of the road.

2) Old school retro games/consoles

As a kid I used to be pretty obsessed with the n64, gameboy, playstation followed by the gameboy advance, nintendo ds, ps2 etc. The earlier n64, however, brings back a lot of memories and to this day I still have this console and play Sonic or Goldeneye now and again.




3) The packaging pokemon cards came in

Modern day trading cards still come in silver foil packages which instantly reminds me of the time I used to go the newsagents every week with my pocket money and buy a packet of pokemon cards.




4) Childhood cartoons

Tom & Jerry especially, Dexter's Laboratory, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Rugrats etc. Standard.




5) Christmas

Would also be on almost everyones list.

6) Childhood films - The Goonies, Drop Dead Fred etc

I still watch these today, brilliant films.

7) Other stuff:




Alien baby toy (pretty weird but still awesome as a kid). Nice news story to go with this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/3516621.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment